Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Review: The Arrangement Part 1 by HM Ward

Come back tomorrow for part 2


January 28, 2013 
FML is becoming Avery's motto. Just when she doesn't think things could get any worse, they do. When her car stalls out at a busy intersection and she gets out to check under the hood, a guy steals her car. Armed with a dress and a pair of Chucks, Avery runs after the thief. When a hot stranger offers to help, she can't say no. That's how Avery meets Sean Ferro, the totally sexy, totally damaged guy with more secrets than she has time for.

Avery doesn't have time for anything anymore. Her is life falling apart and it's not just the car. It's everything, and it doesn't matter how tightly she tries to hold on, there's nothing left to hold on to. With the sudden death of her parents, it's only a matter of months until Avery's shot at college is gone, and she's living in a cardboard box. Other students have their families to rely on when things get bad. Avery has no one. 

But there's one option, one incredibly sexy, morally devoid, option. If Avery takes a job as a call girl, one guy could save her. One client. One time. She just has to say yes.
Let me first start by saying that I've ranted forever about how much I hate it when authors write their books in parts. I've said some pretty choices words about it. So when my friend Monica suggested I read this book, I picked it up and started reading. I didn't even consider she'd send me one of "those kinds" of books. She knows better. So imagine my surprise when I get to the end and it just BOOM cut's off. I was ticked. But that's because I was soooo into this story. I was HOOKED. 

Poor Avery, life just can't seem to go right for her. She's all alone in this world and struggling to work enough to pay bills while managing a full time school schedule. She's drowning. It doesn't help that her roommate is an absolute horror. 

When her car is stolen, she meets a beautiful man named Sean who helps her retrieve her car. She's instantly drawn to him but doesn't have time to start something with a guy. Besides  with her financial situation in the dumps, she's considering joining the worlds oldest profession and you really can't have a man and be a call girl. But Sean and Avery have a habit of running into each other and that is a chemistry that can't be denied. 

I love Sean. I love the mystery that is Sean. I love his eyes, even though I've only read about them. They drew me in. I can just picture this beautiful man. And I love Avery. She's doing what she needs to do to move forward in life and I respect the hell out of them. 

HM did a beautiful job of setting this book up. By the end of volume 1, I was screaming for more. Don't let the fact that it's in parts detour you. GET IT NOW!
 I love call girls. LOL That might be taken strange but I've always been attracted to the stories and life of call girls. 
That it's broke up in parts
“No problem. Does your car always do that?” 
“Get jacked? No, not always.”
“This has happened before, hasn't it?”
More times than you’d think. Criminals are really stupid. “Let’s just say, this isn't the first time I had to chase after the car. So far no one’s made it to the parkway. That damn light takes forever and I keep stalling out in the same spot. You’d think I’d figure it out by now, but…”


1 comment:

  1. but you still love this book even though its like in 20 books :)

    ReplyDelete