Thursday, February 14, 2013

Review: Up in the Air Series by RK Lilley

 
November 25, 2012
November 25, 2012
February 12, 2012
When reserved flight attendant Bianca gets one look at billionaire hotel owner James Cavendish, she loses all of her hard-won composure. For a girl who can easily juggle a tray of champagne flutes at 35,000 feet in three inch heels, she finds herself shockingly weak-kneed from their first encounter. The normally unruffled Bianca can't seem to look away from his electrifying turquoise gaze. They hold a challenge, and a promise, that she finds impossible to resist, and she is a girl who is used to saying no and meaning it.

Bianca is accustomed to dealing with supermodels and movie stars in her job as a first class flight attendant, but James Cavendish puts them all to shame in the looks department. If only it were just his looks that she found so irresistible about the intimidating man, Bianca could have ignored his attentions. But what tempts her like never before is the dominant pull he seems to have over her from the moment they meet, and the promise of pleasure, and pain, that she reads in his eyes.
I absolutely adored this series. I read the first two books within a day and a half and then anxiously.. very anxiously.. awaited the release of Grounded. Even though I was in the middle of a book, I put that book down and picked it up and devoured it. James and Bianca were really able to fulfill something within each other that they desperately needed. Neither of them have had a good life but in opening themselves up to each other, they were able to really become better people.

I found the relationship between Bianca and Stephan so beautiful. The love their had for each other on a purely platonic level was something I'm not even sure is possible but something that I'm drawn to. Watching them learn to let other people in, and to not continue to run back to each other was so rewarding. 

The story between Lana and Akira, as well as the story between Tristan and Danika, really captured my curiosity and it appeared from the end of the book that our wonderful author intends to expand on their stories. 
Stephan was such a bright spot in this book. His devotion to Bianca was such a beautiful thing. 
James... there was something so beautiful about his need for Bianca. 
Apparently I lack empathy because sometimes I just couldn't understand Bianca's hesitancy. Hot, sexy, amazing man wants you, loves you, what's the problem? lol
Also, Red Wings... that might have been a bit too much, even for me. 
“I love you, Bianca,” he said very quietly. “There isn't a thing about you that I don’t adore. Even the things that have made it hard for you to let me in hold a special place in my heart. I never thought I’d meet a woman that I couldn't doubt, a person that I could so easily give my trust to, but I know your soul, and it is so pure and clear to me that I feel like I can see right into it.”
Amazon Link - In Flight  Mile High  Grounded




No comments:

Post a Comment