Wednesday, April 10, 2013

ARC Review: Waiting on Forever by Ashley Wilcox






College.


Parties, sororities and getting drunk.

Oh, yeah. And learning. 

This may be true for most college students, but not for Leah Bennett. College life for her includes studying, working, and excelling in school. When it comes to the social ladder, Leah is at the bottom. Popular girls, hot guys and star athletes are of no importance to her, except for one.

Matthew Jacobs.

Matt is the starting wide receiver at SUNY Cortland, the most wanted guy on campus and Leah’s best friend. Although Leah’s feelings toward Matt run deeper than just a friendship, it is something she would never let be seen because the odds of someone like Matthew Jacobs going for someone like Leah Bennett are slim to none. 

When Matt starts showing an interest in Leah that goes beyond friendship, she is dumbfounded and doesn’t believe it is possible – until one weekend that changes everything.

Will Matt and Leah’s popularity status get in the way of having a chance at a real relationship?

Or does status mean nothing when it comes to true love?


Release Date: April 29, 2013 (ha or not, apparently someone couldn't wait to share it with you since it's live NOW!)


Hello Fluffy Goodness. 

The story of Leah and Matt was just pure sweetness and goodness. Matt, the star football player meets Leah, the "nerdy girl" with a witty biting personality, at freshman orientation and likes her immediately. They continue to communicate through Facebook until one day he meets her in front of her dorm and walks her to class. 

Things move quickly from that point. A hand on the back, kiss on the forehead, holding hands, and a first kiss all before Leah can even comprehend what's happening. She loves it but still finds it hard to believe that this gorgeous boy could have any real feelings for her. 

But Matt, he's so cute, so sweet, it's so obvi that he's head over heels for this sweet shy girl. If you're looking for a sweet, cheesy (I mean this in all the good ways) read, then this book is a good fit. Not much drama, none of that angsty stuff, although there was one beautiful but sad scene that had me tearing up. 

I crave him since me and I don't even know what it's like! I've never had a penis in my hoohah...




Some may consider me a jack of all trades, but I consider myself well rounded. I've waitressed, styled hair, answered phones and, most recently, worked full time as mom to my two beautiful little boys.

Then there was this book… Everyone and their brother started talking about this book series titled Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James. I didn’t really pay attention to the craze at first, since I wasn’t a big reader- okay, I didn’t read at all. But curiosity got the best of me, so I downloaded it to my kindle.

I was immediately hooked. I read the whole series in three days. Yes, three books in three days.

I kept finding all these great books that I HAD to read (just ask my credit card!).

Then I started hearing voices. Voices that turned into stories; stories that were begging to get out of my head.

I started writing them down on scraps of paper. Then I transferred them to my computer. Before I knew it, Planning on Forever was born.

The voices in my head are still talking, so I’m still writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment