Friday, April 5, 2013

Review: Own The Wind (Chaos 1) by Kristen Ashley



Tabitha Allen has a not-so-secret crush on Parker "Shy" Cage. Shy thinks he knows the path Tabby's on and it isn't a good one. So he decides to teach her a lesson to lead her to the right path. 
Unfortunately, he was wrong and his actions wound Tabby, breaking her heart. It's Tabby who then teaches Shy a lesson about casting judgment and Shy Cage learns what it feels like to be invisible. But when tragedy strikes and Tabby's heart is broken again, Shy does what he can in the background to help. Trying to forget her heartbreak, Tabby finds herself in danger. To keep it secret from her biker family, the Chaos Motorcycle Club, she calls Shy to rescue her. But when she lets him back in, she gets much more than she bargained for.

So I wasn't sure how much I would like this book. I mean, it's KA so I knew I would LOVE it but in comparison to her others, would I be blown away? I didn't think so because I didn't think I was a biker babe. Motorcycle Man was my least favorite of the Dream Man series. I'm a commando's woman. A cops lady. But a biker babe? Nah. 

I stand corrected. Shy is a member of Chaos MC and Tabby is the leader's, Tack, daughter. Tabby's been in love with Shy since she was 16 but at 19, Shy lays into her about partying and breaks her heart. She's done with him from that day forward. She avoids him for 3 years but when she needs his help, she picks up the phone and calls him, bringing them back together. 

“You need a safe place to just forget shit and escape, I’ll give it to you. Tonight. Tomorrow. Next week. Next month. That safe place is me, Tabby.” 

 Their friendship grows into love but since Shy is one of her fathers brothers, and a total womanizer, they know that their family and friends are going to be against their love. Struggling to deal with their love, their past issues and the drama that's created by those around them, causes a lot of fighting and a lot of making up. 

“May feel like you’re fallin’, Tabby, but remember, I’m at the bottom ready to catch you.” 

Shy is sweet. He's a bad @ss. And just basically perfect. Made me rethink, I think I'd like to be a Biker Babe. 

KA did it again and we love her for it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment