Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Review: Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire




Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.


In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.

Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Can you love someone too much?



If you haven't read Beautiful Disaster then I don't recommend reading this review. Mostly this is because this review will make no sense to you and will probably include spoilers. 

We all know what happened in Beautiful Disaster so obviously there aren't too many surprises that will happen in this book. With that in mind, I assumed that although I was looking forward to the release, I expected to be a little let down. 

Thankfully, I WAS NOT. Oh my gosh, being in Travis' head was way better then I would have ever expected it to me. Travis, to me, seemed a little psycho in Beautiful Disaster. Apparently a psychotic man can be swoon worthy because I immediately fell in love. But being in his head, I'm totally psychotically crazy in love with him. 

Jamie was awesome, in that, she didn't just recap the book. Showing us the scenes we've seen from his perspective. We got to see the before and/or afters of the some big scenes. We got to see Travis shopping for a new couch, picking up the drunk chicks at the bar, his flip out when Abby left and so many other situations you were dying to see. 

And the epilogue. Oh the epilogue. Couldn't have been any better. This book rocked my socks. Read it now!


No comments:

Post a Comment