Friday, May 3, 2013

Review: Restore Me by JL Mac


Navigating the world alone is all Josephine Geroux has ever known. Life altering tragedy struck early on for her. She endured an admirable struggle through her youth and learned the hard way how to adapt and survive. She managed to arrive at adulthood in one piece in spite of it all. 

After such chaos, maintaining a life free of complications is a priority for her. Everything changed when a man with amber eyes came through her door and claimed her heart. She fell hard in more ways than one. The pull between Jo and Damon seemed like fate bringing things full circle.


With another devastating loss looming, Jo fights to hold on to the very thing that brought her to her knees. She finds herself torn between a promising future and clinging to a devastating past. But that’s not the most worrisome problem on her hands. 

She must convince more than just herself to let the past stay in the past, where it belongs, but on her journey to find closure and resolution, she does the exact opposite. An old wound caused by a heinous act becomes exposed for what it is. The truth is catastrophic and Jo is helpless, watching as the ruins of her fragile world endure more turmoil. 

Can something conceived from tragedy and malice end well? Can something so completely poisoned conquer adversity? Jo is left to make a decision; accept the circumstances she finds herself in or fight with unwavering ferocity to restore what has been damaged.


Oh how I love Damon and Jo. I absolutely fell in love with them in the first story, Wreck Me. Damon's devotion to Jo, the way he takes care of her, the way he opened up to her, was so beautiful. So I have been anxiously waiting for this sequel to come out. When it was delayed, I was screaming at my computer, COME ON RESTORE ME! But it finally came out and I devoured it within the day. The problem is, it went far too quickly. The book was much shorter then I would have wished, but at the end of it, that is my only complaint. 

I feel like any details I give you will be spoiling the authors surprise of the story so I am going to leave you with an assurance that this book rocks. 


So when I started reading this book and the first three chapters were all super vague about what was happening, tricking you to believe that Damon was dead. I kept yelling at my book saying "why are you wasting chapters trying to trick me?" but then I get a text from my BBB (Best Book Buddy) saying "OMG Damon is dead" I realized that I guess it was a little more tricky then I realized. Thank goodness Damon isn't dead because I would have set the book down. Placed it back into my iBooks library. 

Then we had Zombie Damon, and I imagined myself curling up with his catatonic body and cuddling with him until we slept. Yes, I'm twisted but I think I'd be okay with having Zombie Damon for a while. LOL 

When he starts talking, but ignores Jo, I can only imagine how heartbroken Jo must have felt. But then when she gets a text from Brian saying Damon wants to know where she is, and Jo gets all cranky because he didn't text her himself, I thought "what is her problem? Just be happy he is acknowledging you. Less then 24 hours ago, he was practically brain dead. Sheesh, selfish broad. 

We meet Handy Andy, the hot maintenance man that works at Gram's retirement home. He's clearly into Jo but he's very fishy to me. I think it was his initial disrespect of Damon that got to me. Then him showing up at the condo. it all seems a little too fishy. I imagine Damon's neighborhood, would be a fancy one and the maintenance man doesn't quite seem to fit the demographic of the neighborhood. A slightly judgmental view, but whatevers, that's my thought process. I immediately thought of him when I heard about the stole checks. And now, based on the epilogue, I am pretty certain that he's working with Damon's scumbag dad. 

Oh a happy note, yay for engagements!!!

Oh how could I forget! Noni being Damon's mom!! How will Damon react? What will happen? Ugh when does the next one come out? Accept Me. Need it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment