Saturday, June 22, 2013

Release Week Blitz: Fallen Crest Family (Fallen Crest High Series) by Tijan







Samantha and Mason are together. Everyone knows it. Not everyone is dealing with it. While Mason’s ready to give them the middle finger, there’s one not going away. Her mother. Threats are issued. Ultimatums are given. Even blackmail is used, but only Samantha can put a stop to Analise. However, when a trauma from her past is triggered, she may not have the courage or strength to do what’s needed. If she doesn’t, Mason’s future could be destroyed. 








****I was provided an ARC copy in return for an honest review.****



Thankfully my passion for all things Tijan makes this the easiest damn review I've ever written. I'm pretty sure my favorite past time is kissing the ground she walks on which, I know, makes me sound crazy but she's so damn brilliant I can't help it.


I've been waiting patiently (and sometimes not so patiently) for the sequel to Fallen Crest High since I read it back in December. It was my first Tijan book and the book that sparked my obsession. And finally I got my wish. My dream. To have my eyes on the sequel, Fallen Crest Family before it even released. I'm pretty sure I can die happy. Gees I'm making myself sick. 


This day might've been the hardest day of my life. Then I thought about it, nope. I had a lot of days that sucked.

So immediately I'm back in the lives of my 4 best friends, Sam, Mason, Logan and Nate and the drama is high. Analise and James are incredibly unhappy with the living situation between Sam and Mason. Their attempts to try and stop them from sleeping together have been unsuccessful and it causes Analise to go off the deep end.  

"I can't promise what I'll do if your mom fucks with our relationship anymore. If she ruins this..." Raw desperation slipped from him, but it was mixed with a deadly warning as well. 

Analise and James have kicked Mason and Logan out of the house, and forbid them from seeing Sam during their winter break. Analise threatens Mason's future to keep Sam away from him and goes to all manners of extreme actions to keep them at a distance from each other. Her behavior causes Sam to have some flashbacks from her childhood that are intense and traumatizing, keeping Sam terrified of her mother. 

I was nothing. I had always been nothing. My mother tolerated me because I came from her. I felt like her. I felt like I had conned Mason into loving me. I had conned Logan into protecting me, but it was all a lie. If they saw inside of me- how I was the dirty spawn from my mother- would they still stand by me?

There is so much drama in this book. The dynamic between Analise and Sam. Where are David and Garrett? How will Nate moving back to town effect the relationship between Logan and Mason? What's going on with Tate? Is Adam still trying to get with Sam? Why did Becky disappear? Is Logan still playing with Miranda? What is happening with the Academy Elite? 

"Don't kid yourself, Sam. Nate's not here for you or me. He's here for Mason. If my brother wasn't so straight with you, I'd think those two were a happy gay couple."

And new people! Heather, The Broudou boys, Channing, the FCP Tommy Princesses, the girls from Mannys. 

"You seriously still call us that? We're not princesses anymore." Then her eyes slid to mine and hardened. "We're more like bullies now."

So much goodness I can hardly stand it. I want to spill every secret from the story but then I'd ruin it for you and that wouldn't be fair.

I'll just say, once again Tijan has managed to write an incredibly intense, fun, sexy atmosphere that I want to just dive into and never leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment