Sunday, June 9, 2013

Review: That Wedding (That Boy 2) by Jillian Dodd

The gorgeous engagement ring on my finger mimics my happiness.
I feel so sparkly, glittery, and full of promise, because I absolutely know he's that boy.
The boy I want to marry. My prince. My happily ever after.

But then our pastor starts asking lots of questions.
His parents say I haven’t dealt with my past.
I have horrible wedding disaster dreams.
I can’t find the perfect dress.
I have to manipulate him to get my way.
An old boyfriend asks me to run away with him.
My best friend says I'm going to ruin everything.
And forever starts to sound like a really long time.

Which totally freaks me out and makes me question everything I know.

Should best friends get married?
Will my past affect our relationship?
Are my horrible dreams a warning?
Will I ever find a dress?
Could his sexiness be clouding my judgment?
Am I going to ruin everything?
Or is it just a case of cold feet?

And then I have to decide. Am I willing to give up on true love forever, or am I going to listen to my heart and marry him?



JJ's now wearing That Boy's ring. On their first date, he proposed  she accepted, he threw her a surprise engagement party, she gave him back the ring, told him she wouldn't marry him, then got on stage, and changed her mind. This sums of JJ to a T. 

To say That Girl lives in her head, would be an understatement and now we get to watch her plan a wedding. To her best friend, Phillip, who is That Boy. She expects to be engaged for a good long while, but his family has other expectations, and the begin to push. She has a to pick a wedding theme. Find a dress. A place to live. The more she freaks, the most inside her head she goes. 

Whenever I read a Jillian Dodd book, I always feel like I am running, and That Wedding had me in an all out race. I was running for a gold metal, eating up the pavement under my feet. Every word I read made me want to read the next that much quicker. 

It's so funny... if you do nothing else, read the dang book for two scenes.. 
The STD Scene:

Text from Mrs Mac (Phillips Mom) to JJ 
"You REALLY need to do something about your STDs and fast!"

and Who Counts:

"The guy you meet at the bar and though was hot. But when you sobered up, you realize he wasn't. Like not at all. I don't think you'd count him."

A couple of the funniest scene's I've ever read. Bottom line, just read this book!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment