Saturday, February 9, 2013

Review: Rock Chick series by Kristen Ashley

So I read the 7 books currently out in this series over the time of 3 days. I couldn't stop, couldn't put them down. Refused really. I've never been as lost in a series as I had with this. To me, it was like reading one long book with just 7 super long chapters. I've tried to review all the books individually but it just doesn't work. I feel like I keep repeating myself so instead I'll give you a synopsis of the series and then tell you a couple of my favorite parts in each book. 

In these books, there's a very hot man named Lee Nightingale who owns his own private investigation company, Nightingale Investigations. These books are about him, his brother Hank and his crew meeting and beautiful strong women with just a couple of issues, and basically convincing them that they want the man to be around to protect them and save them. But these strong women, they can handle things on their own. So along with Allie Nightingale, Lee's sister, these women try to solve the problems on their own, and usually only end up adding to the problem.  

October 25, 2012
Indy and Lee


“Ain’t none of my concern but I gotta tell you, it’s good to see you and Lee aren’t circlin’ each other anymore. Your grandmother used to say that you were two souls separated in heaven. She mainly meant you were both trouble and deserved each other.”
------------------------


“I do this thing for Rosie, you sleep with me.”

I stared at him, open-mouthed and in stunned silence.

I did, of course, understand what he meant but he explained further.

“Not like last night, we’ll both be naked and sexual acts will be performed.”

My expression didn’t change except maybe my mouth opened wider.

“I’ll expect your participation.”

Holy shit.

“Your avid participation.”

Dear Lord in Heaven.

Eventually, I whispered, “You must be joking.”

He shook his head and watched me.

I dropped my eyes, unable to hold his stare.

“I think I need more coffee"


October 26, 2012
Jet and Eddie


'The alarm went off and I stared at it.

5:20 am
I hated my life.
I hit snooze.
My alarm went again.
5:27am
I really hated my life.
I hit snooze again.
My alarm went again.
5:37am
seriously, my life sucked.

------------------------

"These are unbe-fucking-lievable. I think I've finally fallen in love, with a fuckin' brownie!” ~Tex


October 26, 2012
Roxie and Hank


“It looked like GQ was having a convention and all the best looking guys had decided to have coffee at Fornum’s before going to seminars on how to cope with being really, unbelievably, fucking gorgeous.”  
------------------------

“I’m having dinner with Hank but only because he’s persuasive-”

“I bet.”
“Its just dinner. Nothing more…”
“Dinner may be just dinner in Chicago but it ain’t in Denver. These boys don’t fuck around… Indy was livin’ with Lee after ’bout a day. Jet was with Eddie from my count, after less than a week. The way Hank’s lookin’ at you, I’m guessin’ less than 48 hours.” 


October 26, 2012
Jules and Vance



"I don't know what shit you're working though but I know its there. I know you'd rather not even acknowledge it and definitely don't want me to be a part of the process. I don't care. Princess, this is happening between you and me."
"What, exactly, do you mean by 'this'? You fucking me?" I snapped...

" Yeah. Me fucking you. In your bed, on your couch, in my bed and anywhere else I can think of. I'm gonna do you on your back, on your knees and you're gonna ride me. And when I've exhausted you and you don't have those fucking shields up, I'm gonna make you talk to me and tell me what this shit is about and then, maybe, I can help you with it."  
------------------------

"If someone like you, someone as unbelievably beautiful as you, as crazy and sweet as you, filled with attitude and courage with her heart in the right place, in a lot of right places even though her head normally isn't… if someone like you shares her bed with me, then that says something about me."

October 27, 2012
Ava and Luke

"I'm not lettin' you go. I'm not lettin' you push me away and I'm not giving up. I'm gonna keep working until I piece together what [they] stole from you. I'm gonna keep at you until you let me in. I'm not gonna stop until you tell me you're mine, until it comes straight from your mouth, preferably when I'm deep inside you and you're lookin' at me like you look at me when I'm close to makin' you come."  
------------------------
"I'll put money down that she's livin' with him in 4 days."...

"3 days."...
"A week, she's got spirit."...
I shook my head, I needed to focus...and go, go, go. 
I opened the door.
Before it closed behind me, I heard Luke say strangely, "Tonight."
Then everyone laughed."




October 27, 2012
Stella and Mace


"You didn't get it,"Stella whispered.

I really really needed him to get it. But he didn't understand that he turned my world to black and he didn't didn't get it that I couldn't go through that again.
"No, Kitten, you don't get it," Mace whispered back.
"Let me go, Mace."
Instead he spoke. And what he said with the background soundtrack of the repeating end notes of a soul-destroying rock song changed my fucking life.
"I can't be the star in your sky when you're the only star left shining in mine."
That was right before the gunshots rang out. 

------------------------
“Then what’s important?” “Keepin’ you alive. Workin’ out our shit. Movin’ on together. That’s what’s important.”


October 28, 2012

Sadie and Hector


 "Sadie?"

"What?"
"You with me?"
I blinked in confusion and said, "Yes." And I was, wasn't I? I was standing in his arms for goodness sake.
"This is Sadie?" Hector went on.
I blinked again. "Yes."
"My Sadie?" he kept at it.
This time I blinked for a different reason.
His Sadie? Was there a Hector's Sadie? Was I Hector's Sadie? Did Hector think I was his Sadie?
Oh…my…God.
Before I could process what he said or get close to processing what that meant, I watched him smile, then he bent his head and kissed my lips.
"Yeah," he said, his face an inch away. "It's my Sadie."

------------------------

“I call them as I see ‘em. He’s Hispanic…” Ralphie lifted one hand and then continued, “And he’s hot.” He lifted his other hand and then shoved them together like he was squeezing an accordion. “Hence, Hispanic Hottie.”

No comments:

Post a Comment