Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Review: Breaking the Wrong (Sloan Brothers #2) by Calia Read

Emilia Wentworth would do anything for her sister.


For three years, Emilia has lived in the past, feeling her sister's pain and hating those who are to blame, including one of the Sloan brothers.


Finally, she has had enough. The only way to be free is to create a Burn List with all the people who have ever hurt her sister.


As she crosses each name off, she gets closer and closer to her final target. But, things aren't always as they seem.


Loyalties are tested.


Boundaries are crossed.


And the truth is revealed.





March 19, 2013



Emilia has one goal, one focus, and that's revenge. In order to exact that revenge, she creates a burn list. A list of those who have done her family wrong, hurt her sister. And one by one she exacts that revenge. She's focused. To the point of transfering from NYU to college in Kentucky to exact her revenge on her final victim. Macsen Sloan. 

I gasp for air as i veer around the students. Memories run through my head. I want to  lie down and relive every single one, but that will only bring pain. 

She allows Macsen to tutor her, in order to get closer to him but that plan slowly begins to backfire. She begins to learn about the man he is and that man is no longer matching up to the villain she has in her head. She tries to control her emotions, stomp down that intrigue that Macsen has set inside of her. 

Its those discoveries that scare me because it shows me that I'm failing when it comes to my plan. I'm trying to shut down my brain. I'm trying to get to know the guy in front of me, and it's working. But I'm failing when it comes to not feeling. 

After resisting for weeks, she eventually gives in and allows herself to be consumed by Macsen. She decides to do something for herself, to put herself before her family. 

You can't heal a hear that's been fragmented. but my wounds are closing. Stitch by stitch, I'm starting to feel again. I can't undo the past and stop everything that has happened. However, i can try to take a tiny step forward.

But Macsen is being warned by Thayer and Chris to be careful. That she has an agenda. And Emilia is worried about her family, knowing they will consider her a traitor for being with Macsen after what he did... or did he?

This was a deep feeling book. Althoughit took me a while to fully connect with Emelia, when I did, it hit me HARD. I loved the story of trusting yourself to embrace people as you see them, without letting outsiders affect your decision. And the idea of love healing you.



No comments:

Post a Comment