Monday, March 18, 2013

Review: Every Which Way (Sloan Brothers #1) by Calia Read


 Severine Blake has seen far too many friends taken down in the crossfires of dating. She devises a precise course of action to protect her heart. The plan is working very well...until she meets Thayer and Macsen.


 When the Sloan brothers come into her life, nothing is the same.

 Thayer is self-possessed, arrogant and used to getting what he wants. Being near him leaves Severine unsteady and shaken. He makes her question everything.

 Macsen contradicts his brother in every way. His calm personality captivates her. Severine is drawn to him instantly.

 But Severine quickly discovers that when you want something, that want can turn wicked. Giving in is not always easy, especially when your heart refuses to give up the fight.

 What little illusion of love Severine has is soon destroyed. Every option is broken, and the protection she has built around her heart instantly crumbles.



There's just no right way with the Sloan brothers.


November 18, 2012

Oh angsty goodness, how I love thee. This book swept me off my feet in so many ways. I originally read it back in November and just, had to reach out to Calia and tell her how much I fell in love with this book. I anxiously awaited the release of the 2nd book in the series, Breaking the Wrong. Calia, the goddess amongst all Gods, released it early and so as I was preparing to start, the urge to re-read Every Which Way struck me hard. I just couldn't move forward with the Sloan brothers without going back. 

Severine catches the eye of both Thayer and Macsen Sloan. She's drawn to both of them. Macsen seems like the safe choice, the sweet guy who wouldn't do her wrong. Thayer is the "player", the bad boy, someone who sparked a flame inside her.

“What was worse than being around two Sloan brothers? Having one physically touch her skin, and the other’s gaze sear her to her very origin. He was too far to know or realize, but his gaze felt more real than skin-to-skin contact.” 

I once again fell in love with Thayer Sloan. He's pretty much my dream man that when I go to sleep at night, he's what I conjure up.

“You make tears look exquisite, but they're not meant for you.”

So Severine takes the safe choice and begins dating Macsen. But she soon realizes that Macsen isn't what she thought. As her heart breaks, she eventually ends up testing the waters with Thayer. She's scared and unsure but the passion they have is off the charts.

“Sometimes I think together we are the worst kind of calamity." Thayer grinned back. Severine's lips burned. "Then I've never wanted to be destroyed so bad.

Between Severine's fear, the drama with Macsen and the Sloan brother's family issues, Thayer and Severine are bound to combust.

No comments:

Post a Comment