Sunday, March 17, 2013

Review: Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder


March 17, 2013

I wasn't always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way.
Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.

Colton didn't teach me how to live. He didn't heal the pain. He didn't make it okay. He taught me how to hurt, how to not be okay, and, eventually, how to let go


Holy crap. What to say about this? I feel like I just got off an incredibly intense emotional rollercoaster. Every ounce of pain, sadness, anger, joy, lust that the characters felt, I felt right along with them. 

Nell and Kyle are young, your typical 16 year old kids falling in love and discovering the power of that love together. From first kisses to first times, they were each others first loves. Kyle was tragically taken from Nell and Nell shut down. She became a shell of that young hopeful girl she once was. 

When she meets Colton, Kyle's older brother, she feels a spark of life that scares her. The pain, the memories, the guilt makes her resistant to her feelings for Colt and Colt has his own demons he's been battling. 

This is a heartbreaking story of finding love after loss. Of moving on when you want to bury yourself in your own pain. 


I’m going to give in to this. Time heals all wounds, right? Well, maybe I’ve had enough time, and now I just need to move on, let go. Have something that makes me happy, after so long in misery.
“I’m falling in love with you, Colton. I don’t know if it’s too soon to say that to you, but…it’s true. It’s scary, because I don’t know if everybody is going to understand, but I don’t care right now. I just have to say it to you, because—just because.”
“I’m not just falling in love with you, Nell. I’m falling into you. You’re an ocean, and I’m falling in, drowning in the depths of who you are. Like you said, it’s scary in a way, but it’s also the most amazing thing I’ve ever experienced. You are the most amazing thing I’ve ever experienced.”

No comments:

Post a Comment