Book 2 of the Shattered Castles series
Alex had everything when he was with Madison. But the darkness within him wouldn't go away. After two years apart, he returns to Pelican Bluffs and to the girl he never wanted to leave.
Madison wants to give their love another chance, but Alex can't fight fate. He is what he is. Ruined. Crazy like his mother. And Madison deserves so much more. When his secrets spill out into their small town, Alex has a choice to make. Hide away in the darkness forever, or let love in.
Book 1 of the Shattered Castles series
If there’s one thing Madison Lukas understands, it’s pain. The pain she feels when her mother ignores her completely. The pain her best friend endures as her parents starve her as punishment. The pain of a dangerous boy whose mother has to be carried away by law enforcement on a regular basis.
She gets it. She feels the pain of others as if it were her own.
But when a mysterious man claiming to be her long lost brother appears with promises of relieving her suffering, trusting him could reveal more truths than Madison is ready for. Because the truth can hurt, too.
FIVE FACTS ABOUT CASTLES ON THE SAND Part 1
By E.M. Tippetts
1) The book is set in the fictitious town of Pelican Bluffs, which is on the coast of northern California and has a whole subdivision of low income housing. This is almost unheard of in a location where the real estate can command sky-high prices, and the origin of this subdivision is somewhat mysterious.
2) Madison Lukas is sixteen years old and often mistaken for being a pushover. Few people realize the strength it takes to keep getting up and smiling after being knocked down. Those who do know, tend to be very jealous of her.
3) All of the characters’ physical appearances were based on photographs I purchased from Shutterstock to make a book trailer. Since I had to make this trailer for the Kickstarter campaign to get this book a Kirkus Indie review, I didn’t have much of the book written yet, so this was the one time I decided what the characters looked like before I ever really got to know them.
4) The main character, Madison’s, mother is a potter who spends all of her time in her studio, throwing pots, and yet barely makes ends meet. She is emotionally unavailable to Madison and sometimes even abusive.
5) The dedicatee of this book was my childhood friend, Jared Lyman, who passed away from a brain tumor months before the book was released. He wrote a song called Bucket of Joy, that is uplifting, and very funny. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NgEpJTSOnU ) Every year on his birthday, his friends and family celebrate “Bucket of Joy Day” and prepare a buckets full of items that give them joy to give to friends.
Emily Mah Tippetts writes romance under the name E.M. Tippetts and science fiction and fantasy under the name Emily Mah. Originally from New Mexico, she now lives in London with her family. Before she was a published author, she was an attorney who specialized in real estate, contracts, and estate planning, especially literary estate planning.