Saturday, March 9, 2013

Review: Reckless (Thoughtless #3) by SC Stephens


March 8, 2013
Can love survive when life gets Reckless?

When the band hits it big, Kiera and Kellan must ask themselves: Can their love for each other survive the constant pressures of superstardom? The friendships they've formed, the new family they've found, and the history they've forged will all play a part in helping them navigate the turbulent waters of the band's exploding popularity. A greedy executive hell-bent on success, a declining pop star looking for an edge, and a media circus that twists lies into truths are just some of the obstacles the lovers will have to overcome if they are going to remain together. Fame comes with a price-but will it cost Kiera and Kellan everything?

I totally think SC Stephen's messed up when naming these books. The first book in the series should have been called Reckless, the second, Thoughtless and this final one, Effortless. But hey, the story flows the way it does and you can't go back and change titles. 

This book was like a dream come true. Have you ever finished a book and thought "OK, what happens next? Can't we see a piece of their happily ever after?" That's what this book felt like for me. Sure Kiera and Kellan had their share of drama but I felt solid in their love. 

In Reckless, Kellan, with Kiera in tow, and the D-bags go out on the road. Kellan and Kiera are tested when the hottest female pop star decides to take a liking to Kellan and doesn't have any problem selling the story of the two of them together to the media. With the record label backing this angle, Kellan and Kiera have a hard time dealing with all the rumors and junk. Not to mention the return of the infamous Joey, Kellan's former roommate who skipped town after sleeping with Kellan. 

There's a lot going on but there's no major drama. Just our favorite rock star and his woman, living their life. Bonus points for Kiera in this book. I didn't like her. Denny actually redeemed himself to me a lot in this book too. It was a great ending to their story. 

Griffin. (Ugh, can't believe I just admitted that)
“I’m really looking forward to the show tonight. I can hardly wait.” - Kellan
“Yeah, I know. I think it’s going to be a real rager.” - Kiera
Kellan’s eyes widened, along with his smile. “I think I’ll be drenched by the time I’m done.” - Kellan
"Yeah, you’ll probably be completely drained.” - Kiera
“I hope I have the stamina to plow through it.” - Kellan
“I’m sure you’ll reach your climax.” - Kiera
All of the guys were staring when I got of the car. Matt and Evan looked surprised by what I’d just said; Griffin looked a little turned on. Kellan was barely containing his amusement. Feeling red-hot, I locked eyes with Kellan. “That wasn’t subtle enough, was it?”



No comments:

Post a Comment